Begin Main Content Area

​U.S. Department of Justice, Office of International Affairs (OIA)

International extradition is governed wholly by federal law, individual treaties, and the types of offenses, which may be extraditable.
When information is received that a fugitive is located in a foreign country, your first step should be to contact the Office of International Affairs.
When a foreign country is requesting extradition of a fugitive located in the United States, it must be coordinated through the United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Office of International Affairs.

U.S. Department of Justice

Criminal Division

Office of International Affairs

1301 New York Avenue

Washington, DC  20530

Main Telephone (202) 514-0000

After Hours Telephone (202) 514-5000